Saturday, April 18, 2009

1940'2 Theme Color Night Dance










So, we went to the best YSA dance ever last night. The theme was 1940's, so we oppted to dress military. The Lethbridge Big Band played all of the 40's swing type music and WW II tunes. It was so much fun! I wore my black opened toed pumps (the closest I had to a 40's style shoe) and my feet were killing by the end of the night. We hardly sat down the whole night. Poor Brian his knees are pretty sore today.But anyway, he sure looks great in uniform! He wore a German officers cap with some family heirloom medals that we have. I wore a Navy CWAC shirt that we dressed up with original patches and stuff and an authentic cap. Thank goodness for GI Jen's - they have tons of military stuff.Beth went with me to buy the costume pieces and got so caught up in it that she and Jason decided to dress up and come along to the dance. Everyone got into the spirit of it and with the costumes, the music, and the swing dancing it was like taking a walk back through history. It was great!

2 comments:

  1. You guys look awesome! Great costumes. I'm so glad you started a blog. Looks great so far. I don't know how to put pictures side by side although I have done it before by mistake. If I figure it out I'll let you know. Maybe Amy knows. Yeah for blogging! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great mom! Be careful, it can be adictive! :)

    ReplyDelete